Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 3 EOC Demographs MINE


In the U.S. today the generation is put into three different groups. These groups are the baby boomers, Generation X, and the Millennials. The population of the U.S. is put into these catergories by the years they were born in. The baby boomers are people who were born during 1946 and 1964. The Generation X group were born during the years of 1965 and 1976. The last group called the Millennials were born in 1977 from 2000. The generational group that I would be categorized into would be the Millennials since I was born in the year of 1989. One thing that they say that all people in this group have in common with is the digital technology that is around today. "One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks." (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation 10th edition, Armstrong and Kotler, page 17). I agree that I fit into this group because I am alright in the digital technology that is out today. Cell phones I'm not the best with personally I'm more with the older flip phones that didn't have all the internet and apps stuff that phones now a days have. I kind of feel that I am part of the Generation X group because of being less materialistic and putting family first. "Although they seek success, they are less materialistic; they prize experience, not acquisition. For many of the Gen Xers that are parents, family comes first—both children and their aging parents—and career second." (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation 10th edition, Armstrong and Kotler, page 15). Also think that I fit into this group is because my mom had to get a job to support my brother and me. Even though my parents aren't divorced my dad lived with us on and off and it seemed like that they could of been divorced. "The Generation Xers are defined as much by their shared experiences as by their age. Increasing parental divorce rates and higher employment for their mothers made them the first generation of latchkey kids." (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation 10th edition, Armstrong and Kotler, page 15).

No comments:

Post a Comment